Wednesday, February 14, 2007

1 Corinthians 13

This is the time to commemorate LOVE as told by St. Paul

If I could speak all the human and angelic tongues,
but have no LOVE,
I would only be sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
If I had the gift of prophecy,
knowing secret things will all kinds of knowledge,
and had faith great enough to move mountains,
but have no LOVE,
I would be nothing.
If I gave everything I had to the poor,
and even give up my body to be burned,
if I am without LOVE,
It would be of no value to me.

Love is patient,
kind,
without envy.
It is not boastful or arrogant.
It is not ill-mannered nor does it seek its own interest.
Love overcomes anger and forgets offenses.
It does not take delight in the wrong,
but rejoices in truth.
Love excuses everything,
believes all things,
hopes all things,
endures all things.

Love will never end.
Prophecies may cease,
tongues be silent and knowledge disapper.
For knowledge grasps something of the truth and prophecy as well.
And when what is perfect comes,
everything imperfect will pass away.
When I was a child I thought and reasoned like a child,
but when I grew up,
I gave up childish ways.
Likewise,
at present we see dimly as in mirror,
but then it shall be face to face.
Now we know in part,
but then I will know as I am known.
Now we have faith,
hope,
LOVE,
these three,
but the greatest of these is LOVE.

Happy Valentine's Day
Love you all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home